ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar is one of the most essential components to ensure the long lifespan of a roofing project; but do you know how to install it?
Creating a water-resistant seal at the end of your AXIOME® Multiwall Polycarbonate sheets is crucial due to the vulnerability to moisture ingress at this point in the roof - ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar is the answer! When installed correctly, our ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar can massively help to reduce water ingress, mould growth and condensation, thus extending the lifespan of your roof.
Being manufactured from robust corrosion-free aluminium makes our ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar very durable unlike many other PVC drip trim and C section options, which tend to go brittle and degrade far too quickly!
The simple design of our ALUKAP®-XR Endstop makes it so easy for anyone to install; Distributor, Tradesmen or DIYer! Simply follow these steps to cap off the ends of your sheets and provide a waterproof seal…
How to Install ALUKAP®-XR: Steps
1. Safety First – Always wear the correct PPE to avoid injury
2. Colour match the ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar to your AXIOME® Multiwall polycarbonate sheets, or glass panes. (Remember: Other than our standard White and Brown colours we can powder coat our ALUKAP® range to any bespoke RAL colour to match your project!)
3. Pull the AXIOME® Multiwall Polycarbonate sheet film back partway, approx. 100mm, on both sides of your sheets
4. Trim the ALUKAP®-XR Anti-dust Filter Tape to the width of your sheets and apply, ensuring it is securely wrapped around both sides. (Note: If it is necessary to join the tape mid-panel, ensure that there is a minimum 25mm overlap.)
5. Cut the ALUKAP®-XR Endstop Bar to size, to fit the width of your roofing sheets
6. Push-fit the Endstop Bar on partway so the open edge of the Endstop just covers about 10-15mm of the roofing sheets
7. Run a bead of compatible silicone along the edge of the Endstop bar and Anti-dust Filter Tape. (Note: Compatible sealant = Low Modulus Neutral Cure (LMN) Silicone)
8. Push the ALUKAP®-XR Endstop Bar fully into place, so that the leading-edge slides over the bead of sealant, creating a seal that helps to prevent capillary action
9. Wipe off any excess sealant
10. Finally, remember to then position the AXIOME® or roofing sheets on the roof with enough overhang on the bottom edge for any water to run into the gutter
What tool should I use to push install ALUKAP®-XR Endstop Bar?
Usually, ALUKAP®-XR Endstop bar can be simply installed by push-fitting with your hands, however, if your roofing sheets are a tighter fit the gentle use of a rubber mallet is recommended.
What other steps help prevent moisture from getting into the AXIOME® Polycarbonate sheet flutes?
Other than installing Endstop bar another very important step is to ensure your AXIOME® Multiwall Polycarbonate sheets are stored in a clean and dry area for the time before your roof installation starts.
Are ALUKAP®-XR Endstop Bars needed for the structural integrity of a roof?
Yes, if you are using the full ALUKAP®-XR Bar System the Endstop is key. This is because when used with the ALUKAP®-XR Glazing bars they help create a frame to seal the glazing material and reduce any risk of slippage. This proves as effective as any anchor system which is often complicated, expensive and awkward to install.
Get in touch:
Download ALUKAP®-XR Brochure & Guides
Get In Touch with any other installation queries