Collecting Personal Information
• Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites, systems or products you/they view, search terms, and how you/they interact with the Sites or Systems.
• Purpose of collection: to load the Sites or Systems accurately for you/them, and to perform analytics on Site or Systems usage to optimize our Site or Systems.
• Source of collection: Collected automatically when you/they access our Site or Systems using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processors and other digital connections required to make sure the Sites or Systems give you/them the very best experience.
• Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, payment details, email address, and phone number.
• Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your/their payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you/them with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you/them, screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you/they have shared with us, provide you/them with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
• Source of collection: collected from you/them.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processors and other digital connections required to make sure the sites or systems give you/them the very best experience.
Customer support information:
• Examples of Personal Information collected: Conversations via live chat, email, EDI or telephone or any other means.
• Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
• Source of collection: collected from you/them.
• Disclosure for a business purpose: Any support service required to provide you with a great service and experience.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your/their Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
• We use software and processors to power our online store who comply with our privacy requirements.
• We may share your/their Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
• We may share your/their Personal Data with employees, sub-contractors, freelancers, or agents to perform deliveries, resolve queries and provide you/them the optimum service, who comply with our privacy requirements.
• We use several highly secure payment gateways who may take information from you/them as applicable in order to complete transactions.
As described above, we may use your/their Personal Information to provide you/them with updates, targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of legitimate interest to you/them. For example:
• We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our/your customers use our sites and systems, in view of constant improvements. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You/they can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You/they can opt out of targeted advertising by through links like these:
• FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
• GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
• BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you/they can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your/their personal Information to provide our services to you/them, which includes offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your/their order, and keeping you/them up to date on new products, services, and offers only where appropriate.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your/their personal information under the following lawful bases:
• Your/their consent;
• The performance of the contract between you/them and our Sites or Systems;
• Compliance with our legal obligations;
• To protect your/their vital interests;
• To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
• For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you/they place an order through our Sites or Systems, we will retain your/their Personal Information for our records unless and until you/they ask us to erase this information. For more information on your/their right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you/they are a resident of the EEA, you/they have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you/them or otherwise significantly affects you/them.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processors use limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you/them.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
• Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
• Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you/they are a resident of the EEA, you/they have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you/them, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your/their Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you/they would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your/their Personal Information will be initially processed in the UK and Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States.
If you/they are a resident of California, you/they have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you/them (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your/their Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you/they would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below
If you/they would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your/their behalf, please contact us at the address below.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your/their browser.
We are here to help you/your customers, so for more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us on this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org